Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Friday, October 13, 2006

My complacent wings

I just feel like rambling. I was driving a few minutes ago and I had this profound feeling of freedom. I wasn’t totally sure what to do with it though. So now I’m at home a little more tired for the wear and not totally sure what to do with myself. Life is funny that way I guess. One minute we feel like we’re capable of anything, and the next we’re drowning in the mundane juices of life.

As I get older I find myself learning more and more that happiness hasn’t got a damn thing to do with where you are or the circumstances you are in. Happiness is a choice, that’s not any new philosophy though, it has been preached by wise men for centuries I’m sure. Here you go, I’m not preaching anything new, because anything worth preaching has already been taught before. Eternal truths are eternal and so are we, so I suppose we just have to discover them.

Here is the trick, you get to choose how you feel. You don’t have to fall victim to circumstances. But even when you put the same effort into every day some days just come out better then others. So isn’t that circumstantial? Maybe, but I think a lot of the happiness theory comes from our efforts, even if we fail at least when we try we know we’ve done our best.

So here’s a question for you. Where did that inspiration go? I mean when I was driving in my car I felt like I could fly. Nothing got me down, I was just free. How do I get from a complacent mindset, to flying, and then back again? I’m not sure I understand that, and Heaven knows I can’t be inspired all the time, but I’d sure like to have that feeling often enough to give my wings a test flight.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Happiness is a choice, but its so easy to foget to choose. That's kind of funny, we all want to be happy, but most of the time we refuse to choose to be happy. We're such we're creatures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home