Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Single Bad, Married Good

So I hate it when people tell me they're getting married. They tell you their exciting news and then (not so casually) change the topic from them to you. "So, are you dating anybody?" The answer is always "no" so it's a wee bit disconcerting. It's funny because you can see the light in their eyes dim a bit when you say "no." It almost makes me laugh, especially since lately I don't just say "no," usually I say something more along the lines of "Hell no, why would I want to do that?" Maybe I just have a bad attitude .... well yeah I know I have a bad attitude, but I hate having the "you're still single?" thing thrown in my face. I'm turning into one of those people who is quite happy on their own. I'm glad I don't have to have someone else to be happy, especially since I have no other freakin options. Besides that, the more I think about it the less I feel I want to get married, at least right away. I just can't fathom being married, and when I can't see something working in my head it rarely works in practice. Bachelor forever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home