Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I can do great things

So for those of you who don't know already I consider myself to be a writer. I have worked on various projects but never quite completed any of them. Currently I am working on learning how to write a screenplay. As I am learning the screenplay format I am doing the preparatory work to write a screenplay which I have in mind. It is actually a lot of work, but it is fun to see characters come to life in your head.

I have had the story developing in my mind for a few years now. It is a good one, but I'm sure that it will still take me some time to get it the way I want it. It will be a lot of work, but the end result will be worth it. The whole story is a metaphor for me believing in myself enough to actually do it. It's littered with metaphors for the gospel too. Of course you can find metaphors for the gospel almost anywhere if you are looking hard enough.

So that's my project. I don't know how long it will take to finish it. I presume that it will take at least six months, but most likely longer. Some of the elements I want for my story will be hard to show visually so I will really have to think through a lot of my scenes in order to make them work.

When I think about what it is I feel I need to do I sometimes ask myself why? I think we all have things that we feel the Lord expects us to do for our friends, family and mankind in general. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed by what it is we feel he wants us to do. I know I do. I feel that he wants me to inspire people with my words, both vocal and written. I've had a hard time with this. I'm the kind of guy who likes making an hourly rate of pay, I'm not a commision kind of guy. I'd rather have a normal job that would sustain me and my family, but I keep on coming back to this feeling that I could do something great with what I say and what I write. I keep on coming back to this because that is where I feel the Lord is directing me. I always hear the voice of doubt in my mind, and even though I often agree with the pragmatic view I know that I will do great things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home