Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Friday, September 22, 2006

There's not enough cereal in my cupboard!

So I won't name names or anything but I was giving this guy a ride home from choir the other day. We were having a good time until we got on the subject of girls in the choir. I mentioned the name of a cute girl in the choir I was thinking about asking out. He said he didn't think it was a good idea. He made it seem like she had some horribly contagious disease or something. It only took me a second to see what was happening, the sick bastard likes her and doesn’t want any competition, especially not the world class competition I’d give him.

I told him not to worry about it, I said I wouldn’t ask her out. It was on the way home that I realized that was stupid and that I didn’t give a damn what he thought. It’s not like he’s my best friend, hell I barely even know the guy. I decided I’ll just do whatever feels like the right thing to do, and right now pissing off Mr. Anonymous feels good.

So it got me to thinking about the error of Mr. Anonymouses thinking. See he really likes this girl, and he really wants to be with her. Nothing wrong so far right? Well he wants her to pick him, still nothing wrong. Ok so here’s where it goes downhill, he wants this girl to pick him without considering any of her other options. See my favorite kind of cereal is cinnamon toast crunch, but I didn’t figure this out by eating nothing but cinnamon toast crunch my whole freaking life, I tried all the flavors on the cereal aisle. (tisk tisk to you perverted people who think that means something naughty) See I’ve dated enough people to know what I like and what I don’t. I’ve probably dated enough that in the metaphorical translation I could tell you why I hate almost every damn flavor of cereal except for like 3 or 4(sorry girls, but it’s true, you kind of suck).

So back to Mr. Anonymous, he wants this girl to pick him but doesn’t care if she knows why she picked him. Some people just want to end up with someone so bad that they forget that dating does have a purpose, and despite what some of you think (me included) it’s not just to torture us, the purpose of dating is to find out what we like. Personally when (and quite possibly IF) I find that girl I want her to pick me when she has other options. I don’t want to be the only cereal in the cupboard when she goes to eat, I want her to pick me because I’m her favorite. Does that make sense? I don’t want to get picked because she feels like I’m the only option she has. It would sure suck to be 3 or 4 years into a marriage only to find out that my wife likes cocoa puffs (because I sure as hell ain’t cocoa puffs).

That’s why I have a hard time dating younger girls because they haven’t really experienced enough for me to feel comfortable with them in an eternal sense, and since I don’t like to waste time on things I don’t think could work out I don’t usually date younger girls.

So next time your on the cereal aisle at the store remember to try something new. I’ll never look at the cereal aisle the same.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Bob said...

mwahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home