Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What we chose

I was driving down the road the other day, and I had an epiphany. One which I hope to share with you, although it is the kind that is almost impossible to convey. It seems like it is very easy to get depressed about life and the way things are. In fact it is a daily struggle for most of us to look on the bright side of life. It is interesting to remember that we chose to be here. We chose the struggle that we are in currently. We may not always like how things are going, but we knew what we faced and we knew that it would be worth it.

So the other day I was driving and I realized that I have chosen to be here. I chose to go where I was going that day, and I was excited about it. I think I was going to work so it was amazing. The power of choice is awesome. When we choose to do something the only person that can stop us from doing that is ourself. We chose to prove ourselves here, we knew we could do it to. We didn't see some depressing existence that didn't offer any benefit. We didn't think we would fail either, we came here to succeed and we were happy to come here and prove that we do love our Heavenly father. Take a minute or two, heck take a year or two to contemplate that. Holy Crap! It's amazing! We're here out of choice, so even on the crappiest days we can remember that it is totally worth it. Maybe that won't do much for you, but it has done a ton to help me.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed to be reminded of that today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home