Wait, that’s not right …
A few years ago when I was still in high school and living at home I asked for a bass guitar for my birthday. I should have known better because my mom couldn’t afford one, but I hoped she could pull it off somehow. My birthday came around and I ended up getting a toy guitar, the kind you’d give a three year old. I remember being upset about it.
When my nephew was around it was hard to play my guitar. It didn’t happen that often but when it did I would attempt to distract him with other toys. The best one to use was the one that most closely resembled the thing he wanted, my guitar. So I would let him play with the toy guitar my mother had given me.
Add a few years to the calendar and numerous events and you’ll see me on Monday at my brother’s in laws. On a spur of the moment idea I ended up buying rock band and all the necessary accessories for four people to play. In all it cost me just over two hundred dollars.
We couldn’t help but attract the attention of everybody in the home when we were playing, including my nieces. They wanted to play with us so we gave them some other controllers from a console we weren’t using. I couldn’t help but laugh at how into that game we got. At one point my niece tried to grab one of the toy guitars from someone that was playing rock band. That’s when I said to my sister in laws brother, “Ryan just give her your real guitar to play with.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home