Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

GIRLS!!!

The original title of this entry was GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However I decided 3 exclamation points would suffice. I have to say that I just hate the way some girls think. It just drives me utterly insane, crazy! So I talked with my friend Emma on Sunday at church. She was sitting in a classroom alone waiting for some girls from her ward to show up so they could practice a musical number they were performing sometime. I hadn’t talked with her for a while so I figured I’d sneak out of my testimony meeting (I was in the foyer) and chat with her.

So I’m sitting in the classroom chatting with her when this beautiful, I mean beautiful girl walks in. So somewhere in my head my charm kicks on cause either I’m being very funny or this girl is just easily amused, either way when she laughs she smiles and … this girl has one of the best smiles I’ve seen in a while. She’s one of those girls who makes you want to be funny and cute all the time just to see her smile. I have to tell you that a good smile is one of those things I really go for. So anyways I’m talking to Emma and thinking “Hook me UP!” So as I’m leaving I turned around and Amy had her head turned but Emma didn’t and I mouthed, “she’s beautiful” to her and left.

I talked to her later, after Amy had left and told her exactly what I thought. I didn’t think much of it but she said she’d tell her and see what she said. I guess she was ok with me getting her number and kind of excited so she gave it to Emma. Pretty good hookup if you ask me.

Well I decided I would not wait long to call Amy. I called her on Tuesday and had to leave a voicemail. She doesn’t have a cell phone so I had to do this on her families home phone. I hate situations like this cause you really never know if they got the message or if they’ll call you back. So here’s the frustration factor, waiting. I texted Emma about all this and she said I should call her back again the next day.

Now I’d love to have all of your opinions on this matter, and here’s mine: Wait a couple of days first. Emma seemed to think I was procrastinating or something and said I could take her opinion to the bank because she is a girl. I told her that life had taught me 2 things, first was that it is best to wait to call a girl back if she never responds to your voicemail, and 2nd don’t trust the advice of a girl concerning romantic matters. The problem is you are all so different that one girl giving advice might completely contradict the girl you’re after. The other thing is that when a single girl gives you advice on these matters she rarely does so from the other girls view but almost always from her own. She tells you what she’d like you to do in that situation. It’s usually a “I wish I was in this situation” kind of thing, if that makes sense. When I give guy advice I tell the girl what I think from my point of view, but then consider the other possibilities.

Anyways so I’m waiting until Sunday and if I don’t hear back I’ll try her again then. I kinda wish she had called me back so we could go out this weekend. She probably just didn’t get it. She’s shy too from what I hear, but all that aside if she’d just call me back I’d take it from there. I’m feeling unusually confidant about the situation and … well quite honestly very hopeful. I’m looking forward to getting to know Amy better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home