Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Waiting for eggs to hatch

Well I had this semi elaborate entry in mind. I was going to talk about how some people look at signs in their life too seriously and hence use them as excuses for making choices or more often not making choices. They see their lives as circumstantial and they treat their agency like an egg, sitting on it waiting for it to hatch. “Oh look this thing changed in my life (having nothing to do with anything I did) and that means that I should go this way or that way.” So there you have it no active choice at all, something happened to me so I made a choice …. Well why the hell couldn’t you have made a choice before anything changed?

So I was going to go off on an agency tangent and explain that signs don’t necessarily mean what certain people think they mean. Some choices are good even when “signs” make them seem like they should be reversed. It’s so easy to second guess a good choice, but if it was a good choice when you made it then stick with it!

Jeffrey R. Holland said, “With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trust it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. Face your doubts. Master your fears. ‘Cast not away therefore your confidence’ [Hebrews 10:35]. Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you.” So there you have it, stick with the good choice. Signs will point this way or that but a good choice is something you can live by.

So on that note I have been meaning to ask somebody other then Angela out for quite some time. She’s a great girl but I should be dating more then one girl right now. I finally got the nerve up to ask out another girl. It went well and I’m all set for next week, come on now, who’s proud of me? :-D Good times! So I hope I’m living by what I’m preaching here and making active choices in my life and not just sitting on the egg waiting for it to hatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home