Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Frisbee again? Honestly!

I ran my ass off today. I’m not sure what changed from last week to this week but I’ve been playing better. I ran so fast a few times today that I think I caught some of my friends off guard. I don’t think they knew I was capable.

It’s a good feeling to see that Frisbee way out in front of you and then have that split second decision that you can catch it if you run your fastest, and then find our you were right. The horizon in life is so freakin distant that it’s hard to see if we can actually catch the things that we're after, and we only have a short time to decide before we have to chase after them.

Life is not a tourist bus, it’s a road trip. We decide where we go not somebody else. Satan would have us believe life is a tourist bus and we don’t have any control over where we go. I say that's bull shit! I fall into that trap a lot, probably because it’s easier to sit in the backfield and watch people play. I often think to myself “I’m so tired, I don’t think I can play anymore.” On my bad days I give in and half ass it and get no where unless I get lucky, after all we all get lucky now and again. On my good days I think the same thing, but then I reply quite simply “bull shit, you’ve got more in you then this, run!” And then I play hard, and amaze myself with what I do.

So that’s how it is, you’ll have tough days where you don’t try. It might even be months and months where you half ass every effort in your life cause you’re tired. I can relate to that, I honestly can, but I’m ashamed of it. What I’m proud of are the moments when I have run my ass off and reached my goal, or quite honestly even when I’ve missed it but tried my best.


I haven’t had much to write lately. The problem with my blog is I have a following. I’ve gotten to the point where sometimes I worry about what I’m going to say for fear of offending people. I just decided that I don’t give a shit anymore. So there will be no apologies for my language, although I contemplated it. This is just coming out and it is coming into my head. From now on I’m just writing to myself. That’s my best writing, I don’t do it for anybody but me. If you enjoy it great, if not then, well who the hell cares?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home