Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Waking up

I drove by a place I dreamed of. There was some significance there. What happened in the dream was important, but I can’t remember what that was. It’s as though I had been there before, not just literally because I have driven down that road a lot. It’s as though my life is a cycle, and I’m living in the middle of the circle. It’s like being in a nightmare, knowing that if you only wake up you’ll be ok. It’s just that I only just realized I’m asleep and it's only a dream. Fighting the numbness is the next step after you wake up.

My life is hardly a nightmare but the metaphor works. I do feel like in a lot of ways my life has been a cycle that has revolved around and around going (in some ways) nowhere. I’m breaking that cycle now. It’s like having a friend who is mean to you and insults you every time they see you, but you keep them around because they’re a friend. Then one day you realize your friend is an ass hole; punch him in the face, tell them to go to hell and decide to make some new friends. My friend is this stupid laziness and more so my self doubt. I probably make it out to be more then it is, but guess what? It feels like a big deal to me. My new friend is this kick ass dude named I'm gonna.

He's cool, he doesn't worry about what people think or say. He just knows I can do it, whatever it is, and even when things don't work I'm gonna Knows I can still do it. It could be anything right now. So there you have it, and no I'm not going to apologize for my friends horrible name, cause he kicks ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home