Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The nooks and crannies of my day dreams

It's funny how easily I can inspire myself with thoughts of who I really am, and yet I let those thoughts fade away so quickly that it is almost a joke. Maybe it's just me, but I have these thoughts of who I could be and what I could do. They're really aspirations. I enjoy conceiving them and thinking about the possibilities of what could happen with my life. I know we all have thoughts of greatness. We see what and who we could be. It seems like a lot of times these are not reasonable but just pleasant possibilities to think about. My great aspiration is one that I can see in my mind, and not just the end as is the case with most our day dreams. I can see the beginning, the middle, and the end. I can see how to get to where it is I want to go. The problem is that I see the greatness light inside of me like a fire, and so often I let life snuff it out. We all do that to some extent, and most of us settle so often that we come to think of ourselves as practical when really we've just deciding not to even try before we’re even given a chance to fail. It’s as though we are in a race but see all the other runners and the odds, and when the gun fires (if we even get that far) we don’t even try, and if we do it is only with a self defeated effort.


I just want you to know that I've seen the greatness inside of myself. That probably sounds prideful, but to hell with that idea. I only rarely believe in myself anyways, so a little pride won't hurt me. I haven't often lived up to that greatness, but I hope to do so more often. I know there is some of that same greatness inside of you too. It's not something I can tell you about, you have to discover it yourself. Just look and you'll see it. It is usually hiding in the nooks and crannies of your day dreams, and while those day dreams may contain a lot of useless fluff, they also contain some of the clues to who you are, and what it is that you are capable of doing.

To the pragmatists this probably sounds confusing and silly, at best. For you I say this; if you don't understand this now then you probably never will.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got so much good material. I'd really love to quote you on my next christmas card. I especially love the line: "I just want you to know that I've seen the greatness inside of myself. That probably sounds prideful, but to hell with that idea."
LT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home