I'm draining the pool
Well since the last post things have gone south. None of the girls that I was interested in are interested back. I'm kind of bitter about the sad fact that nothing ever seems to go my way in the dating department. I'm surprised at how well I'm doing despite all of this. I've come a long way, and that's very reassuring at a time like this.
Now I feel like I'm soaking in a pool (the dating pool) where everybody seems to be having a party but me. I guess I'll just have to get out and have fun with the other people who are just not up for a swim. I think I'll have something to eat too, and that means I can't get back in the pool anytime soon because if I do I'll get cramps. I'm feeling very bitter towards the people who are happily swimming away in the deep end. That's it I'm draining the pool!
The problem with this kind of ranting is that most of the people that read my blog are married people. The problem with married people is that ... well sorry but most of you seem to be clueless as to the woes of dating. It's like you completely forgot the torment once you got married. Of course there are always exceptions to this, but it seems to be safe as a general rule.
I'm just going to take a break from dating. You would too if your luck were as lousy as mine. I have decided to just have fun and not worry about anything else. My heart isn't really in it anyways. The perfect woman couldn't make me feel any better about this, besides the more I look the more fabled the idea of a perfect woman becomes. I still hurt too much from the last girl I dated. I've got a couple of writing projects in the works, and a couple of good friends I can have fun with without any worries. I think I'll let them take up my time instead.
I hope I didn't bash on the married people too harshly. I'm just frustrated right now and I'm venting. By the way, the alternate title to this post could have been "Girls suck!"

3 Comments:
You had me a little worried with the title there. I thought you meant "draining the gene pool" and were going to castrate yourself. Not a good option, no matter what the circumstances are!
Married people do remember the dating pool. I think most of us don't look back at that time in our lives very fondly. Well, maybe jim does. I am also glad that you aren't going to casterated yourself.
I never said anything about castrating myself! Jeez I said I was going to take a break, not join a convent!
Post a Comment
<< Home