Trampling through life
I often wonder what will come from what is going on in my life, and I rarely have any clear answer to my questions. It is impossible to know. This usually gives me a lot of anxiety over the prospects. I worry a lot about the future you know. I just wish I had all the answers now. Is that normal? I would guess that we all want to know where we are going, and what is going to happen to us. I'm happy with my life, but I'm always looking forward.
I went on a walk with a friend last week. She noticed that I was walking very fast. She told me to "slow down." I said "I'm just used to going somewhere." We went on a walk to enjoy being outside. We didn't go on a walk to get somewhere. The whole point of this life is where we are at right now, not tomorrow. Let tomorrow come, yes prepare for it, but live for today. I needed help slowing down because it was instinctive for me to walk faster. It was nice to have her there to slow me down.
My favorite part of the road trip has always been the drive there anyways. I guess I just need to change my perspective.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home