Bottle cap summer
I got a meal from Burger King the other night. I found out they are having a contest and they have tags on their fries and drinks. I kinda got excited (just a little) and thought maybe I'd win something. I remembered the days of McDonalds and the monopoly game. I was sorely disappointed to find a code I had to go online to redeem to see if I had even won anything.
I remember a summer more then ten years ago when I was mowing lawns with my best friend, I was 13 or 14 at the time. Coke had contest going back then that rocked. Each cap gave you a chance to win a free coke or even something more. The cool thing was if you held them up to the light you could easily see which was a winner and which was not. We only paid for three or four Cokes but drank for free all summer long. I suspect coke lost a lot of money and has since wised up.
What I wanna know is why should we add 2 or 3 more steps into the process of finding out if we've won or not? It's like dating. Sadly some girls are like the Burger King contest, and some are like the Coke contest. Coke is great, you know right away if you're a winner or not. Coke doesn't beat around the bush, she's up front and you know exactly what she's thinking. The flip side is Miss Burger King who gives you some abstract code you have to "redeem" to find out if you've won. After that it requires any number of steps just to find out you didn't win. Seriously ladies why add 3-20 extra steps into this whole process? At least coke tells us we're a loser up front and saves us the time and energy. Some girls are just like that though, they wanna play with you.
Anyways this is more of a literal rant then a metaphorical one. I just thought it was a funny comparison. Both the literal and metaphorical sides annoy me. Mostly literal since I got shot down by BK not once but twice with the drink and fry code.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home