Confused
I'm going to get questions I don't know the answer to all day long. I got back from San Antonio last night and I don't know what the hell to think now. I have to wait to hear from Hilarie to know for sure what's going on, but I have my own opinions at the moment. See she couldn't be alone with any males as part of her restrictions so I didn't get a chance to talk to her. I just got a whole lot of subtle implications at what she's really thinking.
The trip was pretty fun for the most part. Her parents kind of drove me nuts. Her dad is a horrible driver and almost got in at least 8 wrecks. He kept on going the wrong way and having to jerk the wheel to get in the right lane at the last minute. Her mom either has short term memory loss or just can't hear too well ... or both. We ended up repeating a lot of stuff cause she either wasn't listening, didn't understand or forgot. Her parents are very opinionated too, they have their very anal LDS way of thinking, and I agree with some of it but other things are just a "lighten up" sort of situation.
It was kind of funny cause I kept them from getting lost more times then I can count. I guess my sense of direction is pretty good cause even without the grid system and mountains to guide me I knew which way was which.
At any rate, I'm waiting to hear from her to talk it out and see what she wants to do. I really don't know what the hell to do in some ways right now. I've realized that I never fully opened up to Hilarie like I have other girls I've dated. That being said I'm feeling a whole lot less accepted by her, especially when she's getting mad at me for stupid little things like drinking soda, when there are bigger things I'm sure she'd freak out about if she knew. I can't handle being super anal about everything in life. I've been through too much to be anything but laid back.
Comments are welcome.

1 Comments:
One thing is for sure...you will have to open up before you get married...I dont know if right now while she is away is the best time but you need to do it. Not knowing each other fully before getting married is not fair to either one of you. You should both go in knowing what the other wants from life and be commited to making it work for both of you. If not you may find yourself in a situation you find unacceptable just because you jumped in with your eyes closed. So many people are afraid to open up because they think they will loose someone...but I say better now than 5 years from now when you have kids. Your wife is the one person you need to share everything with, especially the hard stuff...she will find out eventually. Hiding things will just make her resentful later.
Being apart for so long is difficult for any relationship, hence why she might be getting mad about little things. Cut her some slack and be as understanding as possible and concentrate on what you can do to make the relationship better. Try not to dwell on her faults, you cant do anything about those...you can only work on yourself. Once she is back you guys will be able to really sort out things and decide where to go from there.
Meh anyway I know that you will figure it out...you have a good heart. Oh and everybodies inlaws are crazy...seriously
Post a Comment
<< Home