Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer nights

I went to a movie right after work with my friend from work tonight. I decided not to take the quick way home. I rolled the window down, turned the radio up and just enjoyed the music and my own thoughts.

I drove down a road I used to live on and thought about where I am. I'm feeling pretty good about life right now. I'm embracing changes and trying to focus on new habits.

Even though being single again kind of sucks I'm excited about some of the prospects. I have a lot of people trying to line me up and I've decided to do my best to take everybody up on their offers. I think I'll just date like crazy. I won't elaborate on who at the moment but I can think of at least one person I think I'd have fun going out with. I need to ask her next time I see her, last time (Saturday) just seemed too soon for me.

I've always held back in a lot of ways. I never say what I'm thinking or go through with the funny ideas I have. I'm going to try and let it all out and just be me from now on. That was one thing I didn't feel good about with Hilarie, I didn't feel like I could be me.

Surprisingly enough I feel great about life right now. I think I'm going to buy a hammock this weekend and enjoy sitting under the stars more often. I know after this I wanted to change everything in my life. I am thinking about moving, and just going for a lot of new changes. I really love my job so I'm not wanting to change that. I think with the whole moving thing I'd just be up to having more space, but I'm not sure if I should considering how well it is here. I don't want to be afraid of the possibility either. I really think a nice studio apartment would rock though.

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lacey said...

good to see you are taking it all in stride! Not that I am happy you broke up but she obviously was not the right person for you and I am glad that you can see that. I think it is so easy to let the anger and hurt of an ending get in the way of moving on, I know that it happened to me a few times. Good luck in your dating!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home