Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Update

I'm at work on break and I'm bored. Things are going good. I have had a chance to reflect on how things are going with Holly and they are going slow. And yet they are much better then things have ever been with any time before. Holly makes the other girls seem boring.

I'm glad that things are going slow because we are getting to know each other better this way. My friend asked me what I had been up to lately and I simply replied, "Holly." That's basically it.

It's funny that when you start to hit it off with a girl a lot of your friends act weird around you. I have had several friends who seem stand offish around me and I'm not sure why. I hate to use the J word (Jealous) but I wonder if that is it. I think that some people get bitter when they see things working out for their friends when they are not working out for themselves. It makes you wonder if they are friends worth having if they are not happy for you, doesn't it?

Whoops, back to work.

So I'm on a later break now. Have you ever had to end a friendship? I mean for the better good of you and that friend. I just feel like neither one of us was benefitting from this friendship. In fact I think it was bad for both of us. I feel like things are going well for me and I have no desire to confuse things by trying to revive a dead horse.

I'd love to hear your comments on this one so please give me your opinion.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Interesting. This friendship you've ended, was it with a guy, or a girl? If it's a girl, not that I know you all that well, but I think I know who it is. I think the only friendships I've had to end were with girlfriends, and that's because I was a selfish jerk back in highschool that had a crush on all the hotties. Sorry ladies, not enough of me to go around (ya...if only you knew how geeky I was/am).
Otherwise, I've had friendships that just drift apart, which sometimes is sad, and sometimes a relief. For me, though, to truly call someone a "friend," there has to be some sort of criteria, whether it's an epic battle on the foosball table, or an epic battle against evil on my mission. I'm not the kind of person who can call everyone a friend. That's why we have the word acquaintance!
(sorry my comment was so long)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home