Chasing the things that matter

I just woke up from an interesting dream. In my dream I was camping out with some other people whom I did not know. We were trying to survive on what was first an island but which to my understanding later turned into the Jordan parkway. I did my fair share of work and followed the directions of those around me since they seemed to have a good idea of what we needed to do to survive. One of the campers was very rude to me and did not treat me very well at all. I was just on my way to stand up for myself when I woke up. Because of this rude camper and some other reasons I did not feel like I was where I belonged.
In the dream there were people coming and going on the parkway. People just walked by and they all seemed to notice me. Two in particular stand out in my mind, Holly and her friend Desirae both ran by me as fast as they could with boys in pursuit. At the time I figured I’d run into them again and so I kept about my routine.
Sometimes I get so caught up in my routine and in making the day to day life work that I forget that sometimes there are things that are worth dropping everything and chasing after. When I saw Desirae I was busy carrying some newspapers with some want adds. I should have dropped them and chased after them. Maybe I won’t catch them but at least I can try.
I think the reason I felt out of place was that Heavenly father didn't want me there, he wanted me running. So maybe this a fun way of Heavenly father reminding me that this isn’t a campout, it’s a run down a winding road, and I need to remember what it is I’m here for.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home