Eating out

Lately I've been going out to eat every week with my mom and her boyfriend. It has been nice because I have never really eaten out much before. So I've been able to get an idea of which restaurants I like and which ones I don't. For example now I can tell you that Applebee's is my favorite restaurant. On the flipside we went to a mexican restaurant one time where the food was awful and I was almost sick afterwards. That's why I have decided that dating is like eating out.
See when you date you get a taste for what you like and what you don't like, just like when you eat out. At first you may not know what kinds of restaurants you may like or dislike. We ate a restaurant one day where there were bugs in the food, and you can be assured that I will never eat there again. I can think of a few girls I've been out with who fit into that same category. An example of finding a bug in your food is going on a date and having the girl (or boy) do something that is repulsive to you. Not only have I found things I don't like, but I've found things I do like as well. I have definetly experienced a few of those Appleebee's steaks that I love so much as well.
Not only have I found out what kinds of restaurants I like, but I've also decided which kinds of food I like. It is not just about which kinds of girls (or boys) you like, but you also find individual characteristics that you like as well. Knowing the kind of girl is important because you have some of the simple things in place. When you pick someone you like you are generalizing about that person as a whole. After doing this you have to look over the menu and decide what you like on the meal, and what you don't. Just because you like a restaurant doesn't mean you will like everything on the menu, but if the likes outweight the dislikes (if their menu makes your mouth water_ then there is a good chance that things could work out for you.
Just because you like what's on the menu at their restaurant doesn't mean that they will like what's on the menu at yours. They might even think that your food is crawling with bugs, but hopefully someone else will see it differently (or maybe just like the taste of bugs). Personally my favorite kind of food is Chinese. I might find a girl with a great Chinese menu, but she might like Italian and think of me as more of a burger joint. You don't both have to agree on where you eat, or what you eat, so long as you both enjoy the options on the menu when you get there.
I laughed my tail off when I wrote this. Two of what I consider to be the worst dates I've been on are the two same dates where I distinctly remember the food because it was so good. It's just kind of funny that on the two dates that fit into the bug in the food category I ended up eating great.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home