Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A priesthood blessing

I know that most of my entries are not very serious. I guess I make my way through life with my sense of humor. This isn't one of those entries.

I was just about ready to go to bed last night when my roomate asked me if I could go with him to help give a blessing to the mother of one of our friends. I would have done it whomever it was, but she happens to be somebody I'm quite fond of and so I told him I'd go with him.
As it turns out her mother has been sick for a long time, and she was dying. She looked very bad and they didn't expect her to make it through the night. We gave her the blessing and I'll tell you that we both felt totally inadequate. It's funny, I've been an elder for over a year now and I've only just began to realize what that means.

I did the anointing and Ian sealed it. He seemed to struggle with what words to say in the blessing. There have been only a small handful a times in my life when I've wanted to know what our Savior would do more. What would the Savior do? I think I'll never be the same as I was before last night. I couldn't even sleep last night because I kept on thinking about my friend and what she is going through right now. What would he do? I don't always know, but I think that I'll try harder to find out from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home