Pirate booty

Sometimes I love to share my feelings with other people. I think that lately I’ve been more reserved. I bury things deep down inside of me. It’s not that I’m unwilling to share them. I just want other people to show enough of an interest in me to try a little harder.
So I’m like a pirate burying treasure. But aren’t we all like that sometimes. We bury treasure and we draw up a map in our minds and hearts. We want people to follow these directions to find the X and start digging.
Have you ever had somebody dig for the treasure and then decide they didn’t want it? I have, several times in fact, and it hurt a lot. These are the people who you really thought were going to stick around and be your best friends or more in life. I dated my best friend over a year ago. I thought for sure things were going to work out, but they didn’t. I still have a lot to learn I guess.
I’ve been much more reluctant to hand out any treasure maps since then. It’s not just enough that they have to follow the instructions on the map. I think that they should have to find the map as well. Make them work a little.
I’m hoping that some pirate will come and plant her shovel into my X sometime soon. Of course to me she'll be a queen and not a dirty pirate, but that's beside the point. And digging into my X doesn't exactly give you the poetic sense of falling in love, but you get the idea, I hope. So that's why I'm like pirate booty. I could have been like pirate treasure, but booty is so much more fun to say.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home