Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Road maps and buttons


Why can't people have road maps? I mean a map to their soul, or brain so you can figure out why they act the way they do. The way some people act just seems like insanity to me. I get this all the time with customers that I talk to at work. I get this with my family, and this post has been prompted by a friend that, quite frankly, just frustrates the crap out of me. I think that sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you just won't understand some people.

Even if she had a road map it'd probably be in the wrong language. I'd have to take class just to learn how to read the map. Then do you know what happens? After you put all this effort into reading the map do you know what happens then? That's when you realize that the beautiful valley you wanted to drive through to calm your nerves isn't that at all, it's a freaking desert! And you're left wondering why you wasted all that time. Why didn't the map just say, "The valley of A WASTE OF MY TIME!"

Seriously why can't people just display who they are with buttons. We should make people wear buttons so that we can avoid this whole, "get to know you" stage. One button could say, "Ditz." Another could say, "high maintaince." Which we all know really translates into, "Pain in my *&%." My personal favorite would be the, "Years from now you'll ask yourself, why?" button.

While I'm not sure what my button would say I can guarantee that it is printed in english.

I re-read this entry and found it to be quite amusing. It is originally dated from last July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home