Poor bird
I was driving to work today and saw something in the road right in front of me. I had to swerve my car out of the way of a bird that had just been hit. The poor thing was flapping it's wings and struggling like mad to take off but it could not do so. It is sad that you can run over a bird since they can fly and easily get away. I guess it was just sad to see an animal capable of flight dying on the ground.
We're all like that bird sometimes. We land on the ground to let our wings rest and even though we can fly away at any moment we wait too long and get hit. Then we're left ruined and all alone on the ground, flightless. We're never really alone though. The beauty of the metaphor is that we can always fly again.
It is in those moments that you have to trust your Savior and your testimony. It is really in those moments that you learn to trust him.
This is not in any way a reflection of how I am feeling by the way. I actually feel pretty good at the moment regardless of things with Camilla last night. I just thought about that poor bird and the metaphor came to mind so I thought I would share it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home