An epiphany about work
So I had a huge change at work the last two weeks. They decided to put my team into customer service to help out for fourth quarter. I was lucky enough to get back on to my old team which means I don't have to take calls. At first I was pretty stoked about this although not so much the whole CS thing in general. I have since changed my mind a bit. I was in a meeting that my old team has every week today and a thought came to me, "I don't belong here any more." It made me sad, but not because I was sad I don't belong there, I don't care about that. It made me sad because I am in a place where I previously felt that I had already learned everything I could. I still think that. It makes me sad because I want to do something different that I will love and learn from. In 2 1/2 months when I go back to SEO I'll have the same feeling.
It was a sad epiphany but also very enlightening. It's a hard choice I have now, I want to be where I belong. That's not a matter of being welcome because that is not the issue. I need to be where I need to be. I am not exactly sure how else to say it. I just feel like I could be doing something else, something more.
Has anybody else ever felt something like this? I feel like I'm not adequately explaining it :(

1 Comments:
I know what you mean. It is hard to be in a place where you feel like no matter what you do or don't do it makes no difference in your life. So I say either find new work that fulfills you or find something else in your life that can do that.
Post a Comment
<< Home