Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

One of those surreal moments

I was walking out the door when I started really paying attention to what was in front of me. I started thinking about how visually I could survey things in front of me and then plan out any moves I needed to take. From that thought I turned to time and wondered how someone could do that in time. I pictured it as though I was in a fight and seeing forward was the same as seeing time. Taking in the data I prepare to move this way and that to conquer my foe. It was a weird thought that put me down a long calm state of mind.

From there I thought how could one really tell the future, and the answer is you can't. But I visualized a man who's house faced and air port. This man is very old and loves to sit on his porch and watch the planes land and take off every day. Having done this every day for several years it would be easy for the man to see if an incoming plane was having problems, at least more so than me. I wouldn't know there was a problem with a plane until the last second, but this man would know sooner than me. Why is that? He has seen planes take off and land many more times than me, so he would see when there was a problem much easier than I would.

To continue the idea I started thinking that maybe just having experience is the way to predict the future, but that also requires a vast amount of knowledge and time itself. Now I'm not getting into time travel or anything like that. I am simply following my train of thought today. From that thought I started thinking about how nobody can really predict what will happen with my life, except me. I know what will happen if I stay on this course. I know it all too well since I have taken off and landed at the same air port so many times and really gotten no where.

Lately work has sucked. They let my old boss go and he was an awesome guy. We all miss him. The guy that was his boss is my boss now basically and to say the least he is not pleasant. I won't elaborate any further but I've never disliked anybody I've worked for more. It's bad enough that I feel like maybe my job is on the line simply because of how he is and not because of my performance at work. I see other people with the same concerns and they are still in the same mindset I was the day we realized that it's possible we could lose our jobs. Luckily after talking to my oldest brother I feel much better. I've looked at it as a "face it when it happens" scenario. Like most of my stressful situations I have decided not to worry about it.

The overall feeling of today was a very calm relaxed one. If things change that is ok, in fact it's probably for the best. I really believe that things happen for a reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home