Rush hour is depressing
I was on my way home when someone was in the lane next to me and I had no idea they wanted to merge. Even before they do so you can often tell if someone wants to merge. Typically the individual will drive closer to the lines diving the lane, they'll also stick close to an open spot. Sometimes however they won't do any of this. Sometimes they'll just sit there and nobody knows they want to merge except them.
I'd like to make some suggestions for those of you who have a hard time merging, it's called a blinker. Yes I know that's very old school and maybe too obvious but it sure does let us oblivious fools know what you want. If I don't know you want to merge how am I supposed to give you room to do so? I can't sit around all day making room for every car to get in can I? I'd get nowhere fast if that were the case!
Blinkers are indeed the best kinds of signals because they're obvious. I hate subtlety, and I love the obvious. By the way in case you missed it this is not a rant about driving but rather a rant about dating.
I think there's a fine balance in the dating world. Boys need to look for signals and girls need to realize we're stupid. Of course there are always those times when signals get mixed and nobody is really sure what went wrong. Let me give you an example: My sister in law says this "When I don't want a boy to kiss me at the doorstep I play around with my keys so he'll know I'm eager to get inside." So I take this advice and whenever I see a girl grab her keys at the end of the date I assume that girl doesn't want a kiss good night. The sad thing is maybe she did and she was just nervous so she fiddled with her keys.
Here's another example. A few years ago I took out a cute girl that laughed at all my jokes and had a great time by all the signals. She even tackle hugged me at the end of the night, literally almost took me down she hugged me so hard. The second date was the same thing all the right signals, laughed at everything I said and hugged me pretty good again. I asked her on a third date and she said she wasn't interested. I'm still perplexed by that one to this very day.
Most girls despite their sincerest of intentions give bad advice about other girls. I'm not saying this is always true, but a lot of times girls give you advice based on what they want or how they feel, and unfortunately women are like snowflakes. I think this is why dating is such a challenge, we're all so different that every new person we date is a whole new code to crack.
It's like trying to read Greek poetry, after a while you just got to ask yourself if you really care.

1 Comments:
Didn't you ever see the movie Hitch??? Fiddling with the keys means she DOES want a kiss! ha ha just kidding.
Post a Comment
<< Home