Its your life
I just got done watching one of those movies where someone gets to see what will happen with their life if they don’t change anything. It’s the scrooge plot and it’s a good one. They see all the dumb things that happen because they are focused on all the wrong things and their life is a sad disaster, although their careers are a nice success. It was click and at the end the main character wakes up and realizes it is all just a dream and they have a 2nd chance to fix their life and make the best of it. It’s the coolest thing ever to see that person realize they can make their life so much better then the nightmare they saw. They run around acting insanely enthusiastic about silly little things because they have choices again and they can choose to make things better.
How thrilling is it to have agency? Seriously we get so drawn down with the day to day that we get deceived into believing that we don’t have choices and that our happiness is based on things totally outside our control, when in fact we can make choices with positive consequences every single day. I think I’m going to try and look at my life with that same enthusiasm every single day. Satan is the one who wanted to destroy our agency and he is still trying to do that in every possible way. So think to yourself the next time you’re going to work and wish you could do something else that it is your choice to work and earn your income, you’re not a slave. Take a sick day if you have to in order to enjoy that day. Get a new job if you hate it enough, debt does not make us slaves. It doesn’t help but that’s another topic for debate I won’t get into.
Now Adam Sandler had kids and a very hot wife, and I don’t. But I figure as long as I try and muster as much courage and enthusiasm as I can then I should be alright. I totally took the week off because my attempts at going on a date last week got shot down. It’s something that I’ve had a tendency to get me down, it’s the old “If at first you don’t succeed quit” philosophy that Satan loves to push on us. I swear I’m such a damn pushover sometimes, he gets me with a lot of his nasty tricks. I’ve got choices, failure to succeed does not mean ultimate failure, failure to continue is failure.
Alright now I’m just rambling. The next time you feel hopeless and gloomy just go for a long drive, listen to some awesome music and think of how awesome it was that scrooge woke up in the morning and realized it was in fact Christmas day. Seriously, every day is Christmas day and we have only to see it and use it wisely.
As a side note I’d like to add that Heavenly father doesn’t typically give us visions or magically remotes to help us see we need to change. Sometimes he just gives us little things like friends who are good examples or a movie that inspires you, or music or some goal that you want to attain. Take the things he constantly gives you and hold them close.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home