Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Best night ever

I had a pretty damn good week. I think a lot of that had to do with last night. I knew last night was going to be an awesome night. I realized a lot of stuff this week. As I was driving to work one morning I realized that a lot of people are constantly in a rush to get from one place to another quickly. It seems like very few people really stop and enjoy where they are at. Having realized that I tried to incorporate that into my life this week.

I had a few other small epiphanies this week but I cant remember them now. I think that life is best when we are constantly having these moments to learn from. It's cool to stop and see things differently around you.

So last night was the banquet dinner for all the employees of the month from last year. It was hosted at La Caille. I decided early on to go all out so I picked up a new shirt and tie as well as shoes for my suit. I also got a haircut in the morning and a nice rental car. I asked out someone I knew would be fun, wasn't really interested in anything else. It turned out to be a stellar night. I don't know that I'll be having a dinner as fancy as that again any time soon. I knew almost everybody there including a few of the significant others. It made for a great evening. I have a lot of great coworkers.

Well I dropped Shellie off after buying her and her boyfriend slurpees (don't ask). I wanted to take the nice car on the road so I picked up two friends and went for a scenic two hour drive. It was a lot of fun. Really there isn't anything better than just hanging out with good friends. I just felt great last night. It was pretty awesome. I think Erica needed the distraction. It wasn't my original intention to distract her, just wanted the good company that she always brings.

Anyways, that's probably the best night I've had in a long time. I'm sure I won't have a dinner as fancy as that in a long time but I'm sure I'll have a night as good as that a ton this year, it really is going to be a great year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home