Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Praying to your best friend

Well my best friend Debbie Rudd leaves for Ecuador tomorrow. She'll be down there for 3 months working in an orphanage. I'm excited for her, but despite that you always have worried thoughts when something like this happens. I'm sure she'll be safe, but I've had to contemplate what life might be like if she were gone. She's the first person I think of calling when something goes wrong. If she were gone I think I'd be lost in a lot of ways, every time something happened the hurt would come back.

I thought about that on the drive home and realized that there is only one person I could possibly turn to, my heavenly father. I thought about how lax my prayers have been lately and I've let other things take the place of my best friend, my heavenly father. I've let my anger and frustration with my life and my sins replace him in my life. I realized this and talked to him as if he were my best friend, because he is supposed to be. It helped, and I'm hoping I can keep that mindset when I pray. It's a hard thing changing. That will never change, it will always be hard. I'm still frustrated with life, but I'm willing to accept good things if they come. I'm also willing to seek them out.

So I said good bye to Debbie. She'll be back, but she'll never be the same. The question is will I change while she's gone, or will I stay the same? She was joking about how I would meet the girl of my dreams while she was gone, and I said it wasn't likely. But I accept that it's possible. It's just easy to think nothing will ever work out when that's what has happened in the past. It's hard to accept the possibility that things might be different in the future. I'm not sure how that will change. We'll just have to see how it goes I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home