A short drive
It was interesting driving to work with the clouds today. The sky was a patchwork of clouds today. I kept on driving below patches of shade caused by the clouds, then I'd drive back out into the sun again. For some reason it reminded me of a time a few years ago, almost six. I lived with my oldest brother and his wife and two kids (he has three now). My other brother Bob lived with us too. We had gotten thrown out of the apartment we lived in. It was an interesting situation because we all ended up splitting and going our different ways.
I moved down the street a few blocks back in with my mom. A month later I got on a plane to Orlando, a very scary experience. I remember the day we all packed up. We all got in our cars and initially started out on the same road. At some point we all made turns and went different directions. I cried on the way to my mom's house because I knew I'd never be as close to my niece and nephew as I was then. I think that's probably true. Instead of being a half second away they're a half an hour drive away. It's sad when you really think about it. Later I admitted to Bob that I had cried at the thought of not being so close to them, and he admitted that he had as well. We're all kind of far apart right now. I suppose that's life. I'm the last single person left in my family, maybe this will make more sense once I have my own family. For now I'm just me, now we.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home