Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Standing out.

Do you ever feel like you get passed over by people. Lets say you're standing around talking to friends somewhere and you don't say anything either because you are not able to get a word in or because you just have nothing to add. I hate that, I feel like I get cheated out of letting people get to know me. That's why I feel like I do better in smaller groups.

At church I don't know too many people well because church is a big group type of situation, and I don't do big groups too well. That's why it is nice to have people in the crowd that know me. These are the people who have taken the time to get to know me, as I have them. People like Sue, or Andy or other people that I can't think of right now because my brain is like pudding today.

Someone I met yesterday noticed something about me that I love. They noticed that I have two different colors in my left eye. She noticed because she has the same feature in one of her eyes so she thought it was cool that someone else shared that same feature. I was flattered that she noticed because nobody really has noticed that since I got glasses a few years ago. It made me wonder just how often I look the special qualities other people have.

There are so many people in this world. I would say that only a small handful of them know how special you are. Think about that, it doesn't mean that you are not special, it just means that most people don't bother to stop and discover how great you are. I think it would be great if I was better at seeing people for the special and unique person that they really are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home