Chuck's Blog

On occasion I have something to say.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Getting started




I wonder how long this will last. I have this tendencey to get into these kinds of things really fast, but then lose interest quickly.

I suppose I should give some back ground. I was born and raised in Utah. When I was 8 years old my parents got divorced because of my abusive father. I'm 23 (and 1/2) and I have had to work through a lot of lousy issues in my life since I was a kid. My mom did a fantastic job raising me and my 3 older brothers. None of us ever did drugs, or smoked, or drank. We always stayed close as a family. We're all L.D.S. (Mormon). I think that we have all turned out great.
There are a lot of bad things (emotionally) that can happen to a kid growing up without a dad, or worse with a lousy dad. In recent years I have honestly tried my hardest to make the best of every situation I've been put in. It would be easy for me to have pity and whine about why things didn't work out, but I don't.
We weren't allowed to see my dad for a few years after they were divorced. In fact we never had to if we didn't want to. My oldest brother (who is actually a half brother) doesn't ever see my dad. He and my mother are the ones who suffered the most abuse. We have all tried to forgive my father. I am in regular contact with him. Forgiveness is a very cool thing.
I strongly believe that it has all made me a better person. I would like to re-emphasize that I have tried not to wallow in my own self pity. Try to make the best of things where ever you may be in life. But don't let anybody mistreat you whatever you do.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger fantastic funk said...

Welcome to the blogging world my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home